Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Dough Play
I normally despise play dough for an obvious reason, it gets EVERYWHERE! I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have bought play dough from the store. But every now and again I get an itch to be a "fun" mom and I make play dough. The last time I remember doing it was when Carson was 3.. Thats 4 years ago folks and I am ok with that. While the older children were at school, Cossette, Cameron and I made some dough. They played and played and played with it for over an hour. They did not string it across the house and there was very little on the floor. "Wow" I thought...Perhaps I have done something different with these 2 that they don't feel the need to make a total disaster with the dough... Skip ahead a few hours and the older children return home from school. Cameron and Cossette cant wait to show their siblings the awesome dough. Calista asks if we can make some more so there is more for everyone to play with.. I hesitated at first but finally obliged in hopes that maybe something had changed since the last time we play with dough several years ago... And then much to my surprise it has been a pleasant dough playing time.. I will have to think about being a "fun" mom more often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment