Sunday, October 16, 2011

Homesick

I am pretty sure I speak for the whole family when saying this: I am homesick! I miss our other neighborhood and ward. We lived there for 4 years and really felt established and comfortable. A lot of the things I disliked about my old house, I now miss. Like the space in between houses for instance. The old neighborhood houses were very close together. Our new neighborhood is very spacious in between houses. Which I both love and hate at the same time! The biggest worry I had moving over here was change. I didnt want to "start over". I felt like it took us a long time time to get into the groove there and just as we did... we moved. It wasnt an easy decision for me though. I was obviously excited about a bigger place and the location but I loathed the thought of getting to know a whole new group of people again and finding friends (which I am terrible at). So as I browse the Facebook homepage I get a little homesick. Thanks a lot FB! Now I realize that we a literally 2 miles away from our other house but it really does affect the amount of time you get to see people and talk to them. Especially in Utah where there is a very good chance the neighbor across the street is not in your ward let alone someone 2 miles away! Chris and I both knew coming over here we would need to apply ourselves more than we did the first couple years in the other place if we wanted the feelings we had about the other ward. But it is so hard for me. Prayer! I need to pray for friends... haha as silly as that sounds its what must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment