Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Promptings of the Spirit

I have always struggled with following promptings I receive. In the last 5 years I have become a lot better at just following and not questioning and that is what brings me to this post tonight. We received the conference edition Ensign a few weeks ago and I had yet to read it. But on Sunday I was feeling a spiritual lacking in life and felt I should start to read it everyday. And tonight I am so grateful that I followed that prompting because I was able to help Christian with a problem in a way that was a lot more effective than if I hadnt read a certain talk.
Kids were all in bed and had been for 20 min or so and I think most were asleep. Christian came wandering into my room. He came and laid down by me and here is the tender conversation.
Christian: Mom I did something really bad and I tried to pray 3 times and I think this bad storm outside is because of it.
Mom: What did you do?
Christian: Everyone at school was saying that they dont like church and I said it too to fit in.
Mom: I just read a conference talk the other night that I think will help.

We read a few things that I had highlighted a couple days before and he said he felt like it was exactly what was happening at school. I am so grateful that I listened to the prompting of the spirit to start reading and I grateful that I was able to help Christian and for the talk that we had. He is such a great kid. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and I am thankful to be a part of it!

Love this Kid!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis! Your Blog is cute! I'm Inspired!!

    ReplyDelete