Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Challenge for the week

I was 19 when I received my Patriarchal Blessing.   After a few years of rebellion as a teen I desired to change my life for the better and return to the things I had been taught and knew to be true.  I repented and made drastic changes that would shape the rest of my future.  I knew Heavenly Father knew me but I didn't know how well until I went to receive my blessing.  I remember a couple of my friends getting their blessings when we were in 8th grade.  That year was kind of a turning point for me so I wonder if it would have been different had I received that spiritual guidance then.  I was excited to get my blessing.  I remember wondering what it would say.  Along the path of my new life I met Chris.  A fun, handsome, RM.  Wow an RM (returned missionary)!  Who would've thought that I would fall in love with one of those boys.  We were engaged and he went with me to receive my blessing.  It was special to me!  It was a lot to absorb and after I was like whoa! What did he just say?!  Anyway I have turned to my blessing on numerous occasions and it has given me peace in times of turmoil and guidance in times of confusion.  I have recently pulled it out of hiding again.  I decided to challenge myself this week to take one piece of counsel and really work on it.  Retire to thy bed early and arise early.  Such a simple piece of counsel, but oh how it makes a difference in my life.  I don't hate early mornings, I actually like them but I struggle to be disciplined enough to make myself get up.  I am on day #2 and hope to continue for many more past the end of the week!  I issued the challenge to Chris as well.  He chose humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment